Learn What Is The Difference Between Weight Loss And Fat Loss
We all want to look lean, slim and weigh a lot less. To achieve this goal, we really need to look at the concept of losing weight and maintaining a lean look.
What Is Weight Loss?
Weight loss refers to a fall in body weight which takes place because of bone density, muscle mass, organ weight, and good fats.
What Is Fat Loss?
Fat loss refers to decrease in actual density of fats accumulated under your skin. Your bones, muscle mass, organ weight are not affected.
Which One Is Better?
- Weight Loss: It is very dangerous to drastically lose weight. This indicates that your body is dropping weight in an unhealthy way.
- Fat Loss: A person should lose fat and maintain muscle mass without losing any unhealthy amount of weight. Intake of proteins and vitamins should be taken to maintain a balanced diet.
Fat loss is a better option for achieving your ideal body type. Consult an expert before you start the journey of losing fat. It is a healthier option after all!
How To Know If You Are Losing Weight Or Fat?
It is very unhealthy to lose 6-7 pounds within a week. One must pay keen attention to their diet plans as to what they are having which is causing them to lose an unhealthy amount of weight. If you do not take care of your weight right now, you will face a lot of health issues in the future.
Losing Weight Drastically:
- Weight loss takes place due to water loss and detoxification. There won’t be much change in your weight after the stage of detoxification is completed.
- 2 to 3 pounds of weight is ideal to lose within a week. Losing weight gradually is good for your health. Experts always say that it is ideal to lose weight slowly and steadily due to the following benefits:
- Your body will suffer from no any side effects or after effects in the long run.
- You will lose your weight at a regular speed once you are consistent with your weight loss routine.
- Following a proper routine and losing weight at a proper pace will make your body lose muscle mass rather than bone density.
- Losing an unhealthy amount of weight at a fast pace can have a lot of side effects in the long run. Achieving and maintaining the right weight can take months (and maybe years). The harmful side effects can cause:
- Pain in your joints.
- Your body might lose immunity or ability to protect itself from various diseases.
- Organ Dysfunction: It is a condition when the organ does not perform its specific functions.
- Your body will age faster than it really should.
- Women may suffer from hormonal imbalance.
- Stress and anxiety might cause major mood swings which will affect your personal and professional life.
Therefore, do not be in a hurry to lose weight. Good things take time. Focus on just losing your muscle mass instead of bone density. Stick to your exercise routine and diet. You will slowly notice the results you were aiming for.