Hasn’t the teeth whitening craze hit you yet? People are going gaga over various treatments that ensure amazingly white teeth and a brighter smile. Why won’t they? Attaining your teeth goals has become so easy with the new technology. Just like laser technology, LED light technology has also become one of the most favored treatments of all. This teeth whitening light makes possible for people to get a white set of teeth right in the luxury of your home!
Amazing right? Let’s look up some more details about this method…
What Is LED Light Technology?
Dentists earlier used to prefer Ultraviolet Light for teeth whitening but the results were sometimes damaging. Hence they switched to using LED lights instead of the harmful UV light.
LED is the acronym of Light Emitting Diode. Rays of visible light are released when an electric current is supplied to it. These lights are cool in nature and don’t need much power to get activated. Also, studies show that LED lights have a safer wavelength of blue light which can ensure the safety of the enamel and the deeper layers of the teeth.
In this method,
- you need to apply the hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide containing gel on the surface of the teeth.
- After this step, you will have to place the mouthpiece on your teeth and hit the button.
- Once you hit the button, a blue LED light will be emitted on to your teeth where you have applied the gel.
- The LED light emission will ensure speedy effectiveness of the method.
- The hydrogen peroxide in the gel breaks down its chemical composition and oxidizes the teeth.
- This oxidation process leads to the discoloration of the teeth, thus removing the stains from the outer surface as well as inner layers of the teeth.
Benefits of LED Teeth Whitening :
Easy To Use
This LED light treatment comes in a variety of house DIY treatments or professional treatments. These are really easy to use and convenient. Which means, no waiting for appointments without even having to spend long hours while getting treated.
These lights come in a variety of home use kits. They are quite affordable and can come under $100. Who wouldn’t want to use such a convenient and affordable way to get the brightest smile?
This method of teeth whitening has similar benefits as that of other methods like teeth whitening strips or teeth whitening toothpaste. Also, it lasts for a while and the results can be quite immediate too. Although this method requires frequent use for a while.
Light whitening method is comparatively less harmless than other professional teeth whitening treatments. Also, the LED light cannot cause mutations like UV light and it is a very safe method to get a bright smile.
Risks And Precautions :
- Teeth whitening light can sometimes cause tooth sensitivity in some users.
- Its use could also be irritating to the gum. However, the irritation might not last as long because the cell productivity in the mouth is quite high.
- This treatment is not recommended for kids and for pregnant women
If you follow the instructions provided with the LED kit carefully, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of this method. But make sure, anything used in excess could cause trouble.a