Experiment With Food And Still Feel Good!
South Beach Diet mostly consists of healthy carbs like whole grains and vegetables, low-fat dairy, and lean proteins, and fruits. This diet mainly eliminates refined carbohydrates which include white flour and sugar and many other ingredients which are the main reason for weight gain.
This weight loss diet mainly includes 10 to 15 percent of calories from saturated fats which mainly includes milk fat, meal fat, butter, coconut oil, palm oil, and lard. Basically, healthy fats should be consumed in a south beach diet. This diet includes complex carbs such as bean, lentils, fruits, etc.
How Does South Beach Diet Work Exactly?
Basically, this diet mainly focuses on controlling the feeling of being hungry before even you feel it. Thus, the south beach diet includes three different diets phases.
In this phase, you are not allowed to eat bread, potatoes, rice pasta, baked goods, fruits, sugary items, all the junk food, and any other intoxications.it is phase wherein you “reset your body” to burn fats and boost your metabolism. This is the strictest phase-out of all the phases in this diet
Things to be eaten during phase 1:
- Here are some of the ways through which you can consume a south beach diet.
- For breakfast try consuming things like shake and consume nuts and seeds as well.
- Try consuming high fiber vegetables during lunch for a south beach diet.
- Snack yourself with some nuts and seeds.
- Consume poultry during dinner along with nuts, sautéed cabbages.
It is the time where your body is ready for this diet and adds good carbs in the south beach diet. This process should be done very slowly and consistent weight loss should be taken care of. There should be at least 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week is essential. You should remain on this diet until and unless you lose the desired amount of weight.
Things to be eaten during phase 2:
- Consume some fruits to start including carbs in the diet which has bananas, plums, and some strawberries.
- Include high-fiber veggies and starchy vegetables including potatoes, green salads, and turkey.
- Do not include stuff like bread, pasta and all kind of junk food
This is the weight maintenance phase, it is where you get used to your weight and it will become easy for you to maintain that desired amount of weight. You won’t feel hungry as before and you will be able to maintain this new weight of yours without any issues. Carbohydrates can be added as per your choice as your body has become reluctant towards these carbs and not much difference will be seen after adding this in your diet in phase 3.
Things to be eaten during phase 3:
- Add salmon, chicken and more proteins during your breakfast.
- Including berries and Greek yogurt in your diet would be beneficial.
- Consume a lot of veggies and nuts, even having cocoa is useful in this phase.
- End your meals with lean meat such as chicken, salmon, and beef.