Ginkgo Biloba is an aphrodisiac and it is one of the world’s best and the popular male sexual health enhancer. You may call it ginkgo or even gingko and it also famously known as maidenhair, tebonin, Tanaka, or roakan. Let us now learn more about this sexual health enhancer ingredient and its properties in this ‘Reviews Of Gingko Biloba’ article.
What Is Ginkgo Biloba?
Just like most of the sexual health enhancer ingredients, this aphrodisiac originates in China, Japan, and Korea. Ginkgo Biloba is a medicinal plant used in most of the male enhancement supplement and it is the last surviving species of its family. This medicinal plant is been used since 1730 in Europe and 1784 in America. Hence, it is today the most popular and the most used sexual health enhancer.
What Are The Uses Of Ginkgo Biloba
The benefits of this medicinal plant don’t limit to the sexual health enhancer rather it also helps in improving the mental health. Therefore, since the day 1 of its use this ingredient has been used widely for various treatments and most of them are given below:
- It may cause heart diseases, high cholesterol, and other conditions.
- Thinking disorders arising from chemotherapy, depression and Lyme disease.
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Conditions arising from poor blood flow in the brain (memory loss, headache, vertigo, dizziness, etc.)
- Conditions arising from poor blood flow in the body (claudication, Raynaud’s syndrome, etc.)
- Other uses of ginkgo include its inclusion in cosmetics and its roasted seeds are served as delicacies in Japan and China.
- This medicinal plant is used to treat chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), premenstrual syndrome (PMS), schizophrenia, bronchitis, asthma, winter depression and disorders of the central nervous system.
- The most notable use of ginkgo is in treating sexual disorders as well as curing side effects of prescribed medications (like antidepressants) that affect the sexual performance.
- Eye problems like glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and diabetic eye disease.
- Learning conditions like autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Doctor Recommended Dosage and Usage Of Ginkgo Biloba
- This medicinal plant will help you best in increasing the cognitive performance and it will also enhance your cognitive function.
- Therefore, to enhance the cognitive function the recommended dosage is 120-240 mg four hours before the performance.
- And for alleviating cognitive decline in the elder man, the recommended dosage is 40-120 mg a time and three times a day.
- The person consuming this medicinal plant must make sure that the concentration of the extract must be 50:1 and it should be taken alongside meals.
Effects Of Ginkgo Biloba On Sexual Health
Treating Sexual Dysfunction:
At the time of the preliminary trial, an average dosage consisted of 209 mg which saw 84% efficacy in improving libido in both men (76% efficacy) and women (91% efficacy). However, the further analysis is yet to be done to properly study the effects of Ginkgo Biloba arising due to different conditions.
Treating Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS):
This medicinal plant is a traditional remedy to treat PMS in China. It is found beneficial and has shown a great reduction in the symptoms of PMS when the dosage of 40 mg is consumed three times a day for a month.
Treating Erectile Dysfunction:
A regular consumption of this sexual health enhancer will boost the high flow of blood due to the nitric oxide production. This medicinal plant will also increase the amount of dopamine – “hormone of happiness” – which will effectively contribute to the working of this plant.
Side Effects Of Ginkgo Biloba
Below given is the list of some side effect you may want to know before you include this ingredient in your routine life:
- As it is a medicinal plant the extract of Ginkgo Biloba is safe for the most part, however, it may cause some minor side effects like stomach upsets, headaches, dizziness, constipation, allergic skin reactions, and forceful heartbeats.
- An excess amount of dosage has a very high chance that Ginkgo Biloba will cause thyroid and liver cancer. Although there no pieces of evidence pertaining to humans.
- The consumption of this medicinal plant may also increase the risk of bleeding. This is caused because it decreases the ability of the blood to clot. Some people also run into the risk of hemorrhage in the brain due to its consumption.
- Statutory Warnings:
- This medicinal plant must not be used by a pregnant or a breastfeeding women. It may cause more bleeding at the time of delivery and early labor.
- It should not be consumed by the infants or the children.
- Any person with a bleeding disorder in the past should not consume it as it may only worsen the condition.
- You should not consume this sexual health enhancer if you’ve experienced seizures in the past.
- The consumption of this ingredient may cause infertility. Therefore, it is suggested that you should first consult your doctor before including it in your routine diet.