What Are The Benefits And Uses Of Lavender Essential Oil?
Lavender oil is believed to be a very versatile oil. It has numerous benefits and uses for the body. Popularly known for its refreshing flowery scent used in a wide range of perfumes and deodorants. Its strong aroma is believed to reduce feelings of anger, agitation, and insecurity.
Apart from the aroma it also has other uses. It is very commonly used for skin problems. Lavender oil has been widely used for aromatherapy. As it is proven to reduce stress and anxiety issues. It has been used since ancient times as a bath additive and perfume.
What Is Lavender Oil?
This oil is extracted from the flowers of a lavender plant usually through distillation technique. Lavender oil is very popular due to its fresh and floral scent. It is commonly found in numerous perfumes, body lotions, shampoos, cleaners, etc. Lavender has been used as an anti-bacterial essential oil for years. In ancient times Romans used lavender oil for bathing, cooking and as an air purifier.
Benefits and Uses of Lavender Essential Oils
There are many uses and benefits of lavender oil and they are as follows:
Benefits Of Lavender Oil For Skin
- Great Moisturizer – Lavender oil has great moisturizing properties. Using lavender oil for your skin has great nourishing properties. It hydrates your skin giving a glow to your skin.
- Treats Acne – It has antibacterial properties which help treat acne. Lavender can reduce the effects of scarring on your skin as well.
- Treats Skin Irritations and Inflammation – Lavender can reduce inflammation caused due to bug bites or other skin irritations.
Benefits Of Lavender Oil For Hair
- Hair Conditioner – This essential oil has great moisturizing abilities so it can be a great conditioner for hair. It nourishes your hair making it smooth and shiny.
- Treats Lice – Many times people catch lice and nits in their hair. Due to the antimicrobial properties present in the lavender oil, it can fight infections.
- Dandruff – Massaging lavender oil on the scalp can help you get rid of dandruff.
- Hair Growth – Lavender oil has the ability to get absorbed into the skin quickly. So it reaches the roots of the hair and helps them grow stronger.
Benefits Of Lavender Oil on Health
Lavender oil has numerous health benefits and they are as follows:
- Relieves Stress and Anxiety – Adding a few drops of lavender oil to your bath can help you relieve stress. Lavender oil has a soothing aroma which has calming effects.
- Promotes Sleep and Cures Insomnia– You can get uninterrupted sleep by using lavender oil in a diffuser before your bedtime. It improves respiration and relaxes your mind and body.
- Cures Headaches -This oil can cure headaches and stress. The flowery aroma helps you calm down your mind.
- Aids Burns and Cuts– The moisturizing properties help cure the burns. It also has antibacterial properties which treat infections in your cuts and burns. Applying lavender oil by diluting it with other secondary oil can be helpful.
- Relieves Muscle and Joint Pain – Get absorbed quickly and provides a warm relief to the ailing joints and muscles.
These are the benefits of essential oil which can be useful. There are also some side-effects associated with it. But if you use the right methods and knowledge then you will be able to reap the benefits for yourself.