25 Most Popular and Largely Used Essential Oils
Essential oils have numerous health-benefits hence it is used today extensively in various medicines. It has also been used since ancient times in Ayurveda to treat diseases. They are very popular in treatments like aromatherapy to cure problems like stress and depression. According to scientific research, essential oils are proven to treat diseases like cancer, asthma, sinus, gastric problems, etc.
Essential oils are extracted out of a variety of plants and herbs. There are different types of essential oils available today. Essential oils also can cause side effects if not used properly. Here’s a list of essential oils which are used widely and easily available in the market.
List Of Essential Oils
Eucalyptus Oil –
This oil is extracted from the eucalyptus plant. It has a very strong aroma. also, it has many benefits because of its properties.
- Properties- Its highlighting properties are anti-bacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and stimulatory.
- Commonly used for- Cold and cough, relieve sinus congestion, muscle, and joint pain.
Ginger Essential Oil-
Renown for its extraordinary digestive properties used widely in cooking across Asia.
- Properties- Improve digestion, boost immunity, antiseptic and high levels of antioxidants.
- Commonly used for- Indigestion, upset stomach, migraines, respiratory problems, heart health.
Two types of oils are present cinnamon bark oil and cinnamon leaf oil.
- Properties- Rich in antioxidants and antifungal which can help fight infections.
- Commonly used for- In cooking, control sugar levels, weight loss, ulcers, and natural remedy impotence.
Lavender Oil –
An oil with soothing lavender aroma extracted from lavender flowers.
- Properties- Great moisturizer, anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, and calming effects.
- Commonly used for- As a moisturizer, stress relief, insomnia, skin care, hair care, blood circulation.
Lemon Oil –
The oil is popular for its refreshing scent of lemon.
- Properties- Disinfectant, restorative, astringent and anti-bacterial.
- Commonly used for- Skin lightening, in air diffusers, skin lotions, deodorants.
This oil has menthol present in it which can cause a cooling effect.
- Properties- Anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, cooling agent.
- Commonly used for- Mouth freshener and strengthen gums, muscle and joint pain, deodorants.
Coriander Oil –
Maintain good health of the stomach.
- Properties- Analgesic and stimulatory.
- Commonly used for- Stomach issues, purifies the blood, weight loss.
- Properties- Antimicrobial, anti-depressant, insecticidal.
- Commonly used for- Anxiety and depression, inhibits bacterial growth, insect repellant, air diffusers.
- Properties- Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and memory-booster.
- Commonly used for- Calming nerves, increase focus, treat acne and wounds, reduce scars and marks from the skin.
- Properties- Anti-inflammatory with high levels of antioxidants.
- Commonly used for- Digestion problems, skin and hair care, cure fever, cough, and cold.
- Properties- Disinfectant and very effective in hair growth.
- Commonly used for- Treat mental disorders, hair care, headaches, respiratory problems.
Tea Tree Oil-
- Properties- Kills bacteria and fight infections.
- Commonly used for- Widely to cure skin problems.
You saw a big list of essential oils and their benefits. There are also some essential oils proved to treat common ailments and issues. Also, these oils are used by people for small everyday problems. You cannot go to the doctor and take medicines for small problems. This is also expensive and not got for health to take medicines every-day. Therefore doctors advice to use essential oils as they are natural and safe.
Some uncommon essential oils and the health-claims associated with it are as follows:
- Bergamot- Reduce stress and cure skin problems.
- Chamomile- Relaxation
- Ylang-Ylang Oil- Treat nausea and headaches
- Jasmine- Childbirth, and depression
- Orange Essential Oil- Cure for sexual dysfunction
- Pine Essential Oil- Boost metabolism
- Thyme- Cure chest infections
These are also a few essential oils that give health benefits. You can also specifically do research for specific essential oil according to your purpose. Also, there are other oils which have their special uses. Hence, the importance of essential oils has been acknowledged by experts and wide research has been made in this field. Science proves that essential oil can also treat diseases like cancer.
Thus, essential oils are a den of remarkable properties that can be used to avail so many benefits listed above. Also, you should stock such essential oils and gain benefit from it.