So, you have decided to go on a keto diet, but don’t really know what to include in your diet?
Don’t worry. We have got you covered. Keto diets are the craze nowadays. The secret to any successful diet is to have multiple small meals or snacks. But you should take care that snacking shouldn’t become a necessity. One of the best parts of being on a keto diet is that your hunger is kept at bay for hours. If you feel you need to binge then you could try including foods that are rich in fats. This will help make you feel full and you won’t be craving for food anymore. On another note, this will make sure that you don’t feel frustrated or have the urge to break or leave the diet.
Having small meals aka snacks whenever you crave will help satisfy your hunger. We have compiled a list that includes a little bit of everything so that you don’t feel like you are missing out on anything much.
Some of these foods can be fixed easily and without any hassle. You can also opt for ready to consume foodstuff if you are always on the go.
Some Keto Friendly Snacks:
- You can snack on a slice of cheese, a few olives, a few slices of bacon. If you like munching on nuts, then you can choose between macadamia nuts, pecans, or Brazil nuts.
- You can also opt for low carb veggies. Carrots have a bit high in carbs and they can help you reach your daily limit. If you like you can also include a dip of your choice. Dips are quite filling and also add a unique flavor to the food. You can go for cream cheese, sour cream, butter mayonnaise, wasabi mayonnaise or any other yummy dipping sauce.
- If you like snacking on berries then you can choose between raspberries and blueberries. You should exercise control while consuming berries because they are rich in carbs.
- If you are big on sweet tooth then you can also include chocolate. You should avoid dark chocolate and milk chocolate as they have too many carbs. Your self-control needs to be strong here with these chocolate treats because one square of 85% chocolate has about 2 grams of carbs.
- Pork rinds also known as cracklings or pork crisps can be your zero carb treats when you want something salty or crunchy.
- You can also go for a slice of cheese with celery, cucumber, or radish.
- A slice of bacon smeared with peanut butter
- Shotglass of heavy cream
- Parmesan crisps smeared with butter.
- A spoonful of butter or coconut oil melted into your coffee or tea.
Keto Friendly Snacks To Consume When Travelling:
- Cooked Bacon
- Salami Bites
- Coconut Chips
- Pili Nuts
- Pork Rinds
- Meat Bars: Chicken Sriracha & Pulled Pork
- Macadamia Nuts
It is common knowledge that foods rich in fats are more filling than carbs. But, when you are looking for something to munch on, these facts do not make much sense or offer any amount of self-control. If you are on a diet, it does not imply that all your snacks should go out the window. Following a diet means understanding what your body needs and how to provide for it best. Having small snacks in the middle of the day will keep hunger away and make sure that you do not break your diet.