Looking For An Easier Way To Remove Skin Tag?
Skin Tags are small growths on the skin. These are very common on the skin, it is pain-free and innocuous. Skin Tags are usually encountered on neck, armpits, under the breast, eyelids. They are often found where your skin folds.
Skin tags are usually genetic and obese people have a higher tendency to encounter them. After 50 it is most common to have.
How Do They Look Like?
Skin Tags are commonly small skin colored mole, a bit like warts. Most skin tags are smaller than 2 millimeters in size. Some can extend up to centimeters. They are of smooth texture and soft to touch. Also, it may turn black due to no blood flow and hyperpigmentation.
Why Skin Tags Turn Out?
There is no such accurate cause of skin tags. But it mainly appears near the folds of the skin and is caused due to friction. Skin Tags appear to be irregular and attach to the skin by peduncle which is a narrow stalk on the skin. Luckily it’s not contagious and noncancerous.
Skin tags can be resembled by some skin conditions such as wart and moles. It is extra skin fat. It is more seen is pregnant women and people suffering from type to diabetes.
The main reasons for skin tags are;
Removal Of Skin Tags
Skin Tags are very common but you can also consult a dermatologist. Some ways to remove skin tags are,
- Electric Surgery: It is using high electric energy to burn away the skin tag.
- Cryotherapy: Also known as cold therapy. It is freezing of the skin tag with the help of liquid nitrogen.
- Cutting off the blood flow with the help of a thread on a skin tag.
Home Remedies To Remove Skin Tag
Tag removal kits are available online and in stores. It cuts of the blood flow with a tiny band and without a blood supply, skin tags will fall off as the cells will die.
- Skin Tags removal cream- There is cream available in drug stores. Instructions to use it- firstly clean the area with the help of an alcohol wipe and then apply the cream.
- Tea Tree Oil- Apply a few drops of oil on a cotton ball, fix it on the tag and apply a bandage on it. The cotton ball will remain there for 10 min approx. Never use it near the eyes as it will cause irritation.
- Apple cider vinegar- Apply it on a cotton ball and place it on skin tag and apply a bandage on top.
- Iodine- Before applying Iodine surround skin by coconut oil. Soak a Q tip in iodine and apply it all over the tag.
- Cutting is the most common way to remove a skin tag. A string or dental floss can help to remove a skin tag off.
If you encounter a skin tag, it may not be that important. But remember if you have one skin tag you may have more. Some skin tags are more often to be there for a long time and it needs more than one treatment. If you freeze a skin tag it will fall within a couple of weeks.
If you are overweight you tend to have more. You should visit a doctor if the skin tag is painful or located in sensitive areas. You also need a proper medical treatment if your Skin Tag bleeds, itches or changes in appearance.