Want To Know How Lemongrass Helps Your Body?
Lemongrass was originally found in Sri Lanka and South India. Since this plant is used commonly for cooking, it is now grown in all parts of the world.
They look identical like seagrass. There are more than 50 species of lemongrass. But only a few of those species are suitable for cooking.
It is a herb which is also used for its medicinal benefits.
What Are The Benefits Of Lemongrass?
Many researchers have found that lemongrass provides your body with multiple benefits. This herb consists of chlorogenic acid, isoorientin.
It also has anti-inflammatory properties. This is a very important property. It is because inflammation can give rise to many health problems like chronic pain and heart diseases.
Here are benefits of lemongrass:
- Reduces anxiety: According to a scientific study, smelling or breathing in the scent of this herb can help relieve your anxiety problems.
- Controls cholesterol: This herb has the ability to lower the cholesterol in animals. However, this method is dose-dependent. It means that the amount of cholesterol lowered will be directly proportional to the amount of this herb consumed.
- Eliminates infection: This herb has many infections preventing capabilities. It helps people with the fungal infection and also people with a weak immune system.
- Better oral health: This herb also has properties which help improve dental health. It keeps the mouth feeling clean. This herb has extracts with one of the most potent inhibitors of bacterial growth. Streptococcus sanguinis is a bacteria that can cause tooth cavity inside the mouth.
- Reduces pain: This herb has the ability to reduce or even eliminate any kind of pain. Consuming this tea will help a person to prevent you from feeling pain in your body.
- Accelerates red blood cells: Consuming this herb consistently helps in accelerating hemoglobin concentration, packed cell volume and red blood cells in your body. This herb’s antioxidant property plays a role in doing so.
- Prevents bloating: This herb can stimulate the kidney to release more urine than your body usually would with the help of its diuretic effects. It increases urine output more than other beverages. Water retention leads to bloating. It is usually called premenstrual syndrome. Its diuretic effects help to cure that problem.
What Are The Uses Of Lemongrass?
- To prevent dandruff: You can use oil consisting of the lemongrass extract. Apply it on the roots of your hair. Massage it and then wash it after 3 to 4 hours. This will significantly remove your dandruff after a few washes.
- To remove yeast infection in mouth: Just mix a little bit of extract of this herb with toothpaste and brush your teeth like you normally would. This will significantly remove your yeast mouth infection.
- To get rid of a headache: Drink some lemongrass tree and breath in its scent. This will calm your brain and reduce stress.
- To reduce pain: Just apply a few drops of its oil on the affected areas. It will sooth that area and your pain will effectively go away in a few days after regular application.