Vertigo is the situation where you feel that the world is spinning and rotating around you even though you are perfectly still. It is very common amongst children as when they spin for some time and they stop, they feel as though things around them are still spinning. This lasts for a few seconds.
Vertigo becomes a problem for adults when they have been through an accident or an injury after which the rotation lasts for few hours or sometimes even a few days.
Symptoms Of Vertigo
There are a few visible symptoms of vertigo, some of them are listed below:
- Sense of fainting
- Abnormal eye movement
- Weakness on one side of the body
Causes of Vertigo
- There are various diseases which cause vertigo, they are:
- Migraines – A severe headache
- Labyrinthitis – Inner ear infection
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Vestibular Neuronitis – inflammation of the vestibular nerve
Home Remedies For Vertigo
There are various remedies for vertigo, but the easiest remedies are the ones done at home which causes no side effects. A few remedies are given below:
Yoga and tai chi:
Yoga helps in reducing stress levels and increasing the flexibility of the body. Simple exercises help to compensate for the cause of vertigo. Make sure that you don’t bend forward while doing yoga as it might make the feeling of dizziness stronger.
Drink lots of water
Keeping your body hydrated is one of the best ways to reduce vertigo. People often feel dizzy because of dehydration caused due to being under the sn for a long time, the humid and the sweaty situations.
Exercises majorly help in reducing vertigo as it helps your body to move more in a controlled way. Initially while starting to exercise, your vertigo can increase but regular exercise will reduce the dizziness. This helps in reducing the chances of dizziness. There are a few exercises which help in effectively reducing vertigo, some of them are:
- Sit in an upright position and tilt your head to the right.
- Lie down with your head in the same position.
- Turn your head all the way to the left side.
- Sit upright keeping your head in the same position.
- Repeat the process.
Semont- Toupet Maneuver
- Sit upright with a pillow behind you
- Lie down to your left side but look to your right and look upward.
- Sit back upright now look towards your right and look downwards
- Repeat it 5 times and do it 3 times a day.
- Sit on a flat surface with your back upright and your head straight
- Turn your head as far as you can to the left side.
- Remain in that position for 30 seconds without changing the position of your legs
- Now, turn to the right side, as far as you can
- Repeat the same process again.
All these exercises are very easy to do, and won’t take much of your time and doing these exercises properly will reduce vertigo drastically.