Keratosis pilaris is a very common health condition, the majority of people suffer from it without knowing. It is like a tiny bump on your body like upper arms, back and legs, most people notice it but they think its common and ignore it. This is because keratosis pilaris does not usually cause any pain until it gets inflamed.
Keratosis pilaris appear as a brown spot on the skin, but when it gets inflamed it starts to appear red. The red bump is called keratosis pilaris Rubra faceii, it can be very painful and can make you uncomfortable. You get a bump on your body when your hair follicle gets clogged with dead skin cells and dirt.
You must avoid scratching bump because it can inflame the follicles, this could lead you to the pathogens, which is an infection. The exact reason for keratosis pilaris is still not known, however, it has been linked with dry skin and hormonal problem.
Keratosis pilaris is considered to be a cosmetic problem, it is not considered to be required any medical intervention. It can get worse thus, you must treat it at an early stage, you do not need to go to the medical center to treat it. keratosis pilaris can be treated at home by following some home remedies.
Many people use the cosmetic product to fight with keratosis pilaris and its symptoms, however, they do not succeed. Products are not enough to cure keratosis pilaris, you also need to eat the right diet. By providing your body required nutrients and antioxidants you can treat the skin conditions like keratosis pilaris. Add following food in your daily diet:
- You must eat green leafy vegetables at least once a day.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, which are rich in vitamin A and E like pumpkins, tomatoes, mangoes, leafy vegetables etc.
- Include seafood in your diet, which is high in omega-3 fatty acids.
You might be using coconut oil for your hair and skin, but it can also be used to battle skin condition like keratosis pilaris. Coconut oil has properties like antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, which helps in healing skin inflammation. It also contains fatty acids, which soften the skin and nourishes it from outside and within. You will require to follow the following steps to cure keratosis pillaris:
- Take 2tbs of extra virgin coconut oil and 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Lukewarm the oil and after that mix sugar in it.
- Apply that mixture on the affected area and massage it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Wash it with water. .
- Homemade oil
- Make an oil in your home, by using the following things.
- Take 2tbsp of olive oil
- Add 2-3 drops of lemon oil and lavender oil.
- Mix all the oil together and massage it on the affected area.
- All these oils have antibacterial properties and also it helps in keeping your skin healthy.
Although keratosis pilaris is not considered very serious skin disease, however, you can treat it at home by using the above methods.