Centers for disease control and Prevention (CDC) in 2009 found that acne was the topmost reason why people visit the dermatologist.
Cystic acne is the most severe form of acne and it happens only fewer people. The reason your get pimple is because the dead skin cells get clogged inside the skin.
The causes the area to become red and swollen because some bacteria are trapped inside. Cystic acne can linger for years and can also affect the large area of your skin.
It also leaves scars on your face which will remain permanent.
Cystic acne is known as when the skin infection which causes a pimple gets deeper into the skin and creating red, a tender bump which is full of pus.
It hurts a lot and it may also itch sometimes. If you rub or itch and the cyst bursts the there are very high chance of spreading the infection all over your face.
The spread of cyst can result in more breakouts. cystic acne is more like to develop in your teens or early 20s because of hormonal changes.
Not only face can get affected because of cystic acne your back, arms, chest, and even shoulder can also be affected. Men women both are likely to get it but women often have cystic acne on the lower half of the face.
Causes Of Cystic Acne:
Sebum is the oily substance which is secreted by a sebaceous gland of your skin pores. This sebum production helps in protection of your hair and follicles of your skin.
Overproduction of this sebum leads to the pores of your skin which becomes plugged. This results in the overgrowth of acne. Cystic acne is most inflamed and ruptured type of acne.
Some of the common causes which can cause this type of acne are listed below:
- Basic Hormonal changes due to age.
- Hormonal changes related to menstrual cycle, pregnancy, birth control, etc.
- Usage of hormones in therapies.
- Over oily or greasy cosmetics such as cleanser, lotions, etc.
- High level of humidity and sweating.
Home Remedies For Cystic Acne:
Remedy no. 1
Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar contains several organic acids which help to treat acne. It contains anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-infection properties which will help to fight against many kinds of skin problems.
- Mix 3 spoons of apple cider vinegar to 6 to 8 spoons of water. Add more water if you have sensitive skin.
- Apply all over your face with the help of cotton ball.
- Let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process 2 to 3 times a day.
Remedy no. 2
Honey And Cinnamon Mask: Honey and cinnamon are rich in antioxidants. They two have amazing antibacterial properties.
- Mix 2 spoons of cinnamon with 4 spoons of honey. Make it as a paste.
- Let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse the mask off completely.
- Do it regularly once in two days.
Remedy no. 3
Essential Oils: Oils like almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil, lavender oil, etc has antibacterial property in it
- Apply any kind of essential oil on your face and let it dry overnight
- Apply it daily before your bedtime.