Constipation is a medically defined disorder that is a resultant of malfunction of the digestive system. It affects all age groups of the people. The movement in the bowel is reduced, in the case of people facing constipation problem.
You may face difficulty at the time of passing the stools, as the colon tissue that is present in the body absorbs more water from the food we eat. This excessive absorption leads to making the stools dry and very hard to pass.
Apart, from these, the other symptoms like a headache, acne, mouth ulcers, depression, etc. are also experienced by the people facing this digestive disorder. To treat this digestive disorder and regulate the proper functioning of the digestive system, the following are some home remedies that will help you to treat it naturally:
Figs are fiber-rich medicine used for treating gastrointestinal disorders. People suffering from chronic constipation should consume figs with their regular diet. This helps them to treat constipation effectively and also provide your skin with essential calcium at the same time. The following is the procedure that will help you to consume figs in the form of the paste to treat digestive disorder:
- Take few almonds and dried figs and soak them in water.
- Remove the outer skin of the almond and then grind it with figs.
- Add a tsp of honey to this paste while consuming it at night.
Lemons are the most common found fruit in all the household. It is not just used to make food tangy but also used for various other purposes like proper digestion, eye care, weight loss, etc. Thus, lemon is the most simple and effective treatment to treat constipation proper. It can be consumed in the following ways:
In a glass of warm water, add the juice of half lemon and a pinch of salt to it. Consume this drink in the morning and at evening daily to treat the constipation problem. Drinking this juice in the morning on an empty stomach helps you colon to absorb the water in limited proportion for the rest of the day.
Another method, that you can use to treat constipation and have a clean digestive system is by daily drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice with a pinch of salt added to it.
Honey is said to be one of the nutritious and a healthy volunteer that helps to absorb fructose in your body. Consuming honey daily will help you to prevent and treat the problem of constipation naturally. The raw form of honey can be consumed as follows:
- The first method, consume two tsp of raw honey thrice a day.
- The second method, drink a glass of lemon juice, made of warm water and honey.
- The third method, take 1 tbsp of honey and ½ tsp of apple cider vinegar, mix them well and consume it before 15-20 minutes of your meals. This will help to regulate your digestive system and treat the problem of constipation.
Flaxseeds are rich in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. They possess the property of being anti-inflammatory by acting as demulcents. It also consists of laxative property that helps to treat the mild constipation problem effectively. You can consume flaxseeds as following:
- With the help of coffee grinder, grind 1 tbsp of flaxseeds. Mix the flax seed powder to 2 cups of water and leave it for 15 – 20 minutes before drinking. Try drinking this flaxseed water at night, as it will help in better movement of your bowel in the body.
- Alternatively, you can also eat 2 or 3 tbsp of plain flaxseeds with a glass of water.
- Note: consumption of a lot of water daily, while eating flaxseeds is must, as it may cause some amount of discomfort in the abdominal tissues.
Thus, above are some home remedies that will help to solve constipation problem easily. They are powerful and easy to do remedies that will help you to reduce the strain while emptying the hard stools. It will also help to enhance your mood by treating discomfort in the stomach that is frustrating you due to constipation.