What Is Chicken Liver Pate?
Chicken Liver Pate is basically a paste made out of chicken liver sautéed with some shallots, garlic, and other herbs. It is usually consumed with crackers, bread, and cornichons. Chicken liver pate is normally a paste which helps in making chicken liver tasty. This spread is unlike the other spreads we make Chicken liver pate is much easier to make and it does not consume much time.
Ingredients Of Chicken Liver Pate.
- One can soak the chicken liver in milk or buttermilk for at least an hour. Soaking them in milk or buttermilk will lead them to get a little and will taste a little creamier.
- Butter at least 1 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoon of virgin olive oil.
- Use approximately 3-4 shallots.
- 3-4 cloves of garlic which is minced.
- Use 2 teaspoons of green peppercorns.
- 2 teaspoons of capers.
- Some chopped fresh thyme.
- Salt as per taste
- Half or one teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- ¼ cup of brandy and cognac.
- Use some parsley for garnishing.
- Half kg or 500 grams of chicken liver,(washed and cleaned).
- Milk or buttermilk -1 cup.
- ¼ cup cream.
- 1-2 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional).
- Baguette, crackers or toast for spreading the pate.
Directions For Cooking Chicken Liver Pate.
- First of all, clean the liver thoroughly and cut the excess fat part from it. Place it in a bowl and pour some buttermilk in it. soak the liver in the buttermilk for like 1 hour, use some seasoning like salt and pepper for marination. After soaking or marinating keep the buttermilk for later use and remove the liver.
- Use a saucepan or any non-stick pan for cooking the pate, add around 4-5 teaspoons of butter in it and let it melt. Always use medium flame while tossing or cooking something lightly.
- Add the shallots and let them seer in the butter for like 5 minutes or so. Then add the garlic which is minced already, green peppercorn and capers together and let them get tossed.
- Toss in the thyme and let is a seer with the butter and then add the chicken liver to the pan. Add all the seasonings and let it cook until the color of the chicken liver changes to brownish red color. Put in the brandy and cream and cook it for 5 minutes, it is up to you to add in the anchovy paste.
- You can also add the leftover buttermilk and if there is none left you can add some milk to it. It should not be overcooked and it will spoil the taste of the liver. Cook it till all of the moisture has evaporated.
- Take the mixture out of the saucepan and pour it in a food processor. Grind it till you get a smooth puree and it turns out to be too grainy add some cold butter to it while is it getting mixed.
- Garnish it with some fresh parsley and serve the puree or the paste by spreading it onto a baguette or cracker.
- In order to store it ad this pate into an airtight container and put it in the freezer, the pate is best to taste till 3-4 days. You also serve it with cornichons.
We can say that having Chicken liver pate is best with baguette and cornichons, this paste can also be consumed with crackers. Usually, it is said that Chicken liver pate is best when consumed within three days.