Hair is considered to be one of the most distinguishing and noticeable assets that reflects our personality. Hence, having clean and healthy hair is an important factor for one to have, in order to live a healthy lifestyle.
Having an itchy, flaky or dry scalp is a common nightmare or problem that people all over the world share. If you suffer from any of these scalp problems then it is time for you to make some changes in your hair care routine.
Firstly let’s have a look at the factors which can cause these type of scalp problems.
Some of them are as follows:
- Climatic or weather changes: Frequent changes in the weather can cause irritation to scalp resulting in a dry and itchy scalp.
- Harsh chemicals and ingredients present in hair products: The harsh chemicals present in hair products may not suit all hair types which can lead one to have a dry scalp.
- Stress and anxiety: Experiencing stress can lead to the production of certain hormones which can cause a dry and itchy scalp
- Strong hormonal changes especially during puberty and menopause: Hormones play an important part in releasing oils necessary for the moisture of your hair. Hence changes in hormones can lead to a dry scalp.
- Deficiency or lack of some nutrients and minerals such as fatty acids and vitamin B: Vitamin and mineral deficiency can cause hair loss and dry skin patches on the scalp
- Intake of spicy food and food with huge amounts of sugar and salt: Eating the wrong foods can impact your hair and scalp as well. Sugary and salty foods can lead to a dry scalp and cause flaking.
- Excess consumption of alcohol: Consumption of alcohol causes your body to dehydrate hence it decreases the number of oils produced by your body leading to a dry scalp.
One of the main factors that affect your hair and scalp is the way in which you take care of your hair and treat it.
Argan oil is one of the best solutions to get rid of your dry scalp problems. Argan oil comes from the little nut of a fruit found in Morocco. What makes this oil so beneficial and different is that it is rich with Vitamins A, C, and E.
Some of the beneficial reasons why you should use argan oil for your dry scalp are as follows:
- It eliminates dry scalp and dandruff:
Argan oil works as a great moisturizer and can be used to fight both dandruff and dry scalp problems. Argan oil is rich in Vitamin E, antioxidants and fatty acids. With the help of these vitamins and nutrients, the oil helps reduce dryness and nourish your hair
- Tames frizz and repairs split ends:
Argan oil can be used as a leave-in conditioner which tames frizz and also repairs your split ends at the same time. It works incredibly well for promoting shine and gloss, taming frizz and leaving the hair softer and more manageable.
- Protects your hair from the heat of hair styling tools:
Argan oil enriches the hair, nourishing it with nutrients and repairing the damage. Before using any styling tools, apply a few drops of Argan oil using your hand. Then use a brush or comb to distribute it evenly throughout your hair from roots to tips keeping it protected from heat damage.
- Treats dry and brittle hair:
Argan oil can be used as a very effective overnight deep conditioning treatment. Applying the oil overnight as a hair mask and washing it off in the morning will treat dry and brittle hair.
- Treating hair loss:
Many people, both men, and women suffer from hair loss. Argan oil is an excellent oil for stopping hair loss and even helping to promote new growth by treating the scalp three times a week.
- Sun protection:
Argan oil to your hair to prevent sun damage. After you’ve worked it through from roots to ends, braid your hair to lock in moisture.