Uses Of Argan Oil For African American Hair
Taming an African American hair is extremely difficult as their hair type is frizzy, brittle, and dry. Although there are numerous products for this particular hair type, it often gives temporary results and causes more problems. Hence, it is more suitable to use natural hair oil for this hair type.
What is Argan Oil?
Argan oil is a plant-based natural oil derived from the Argan tree. This tree is found in Morocco. The oil is extracted from the nuts of this tree. The extraction process is really long and tedious. It takes 50 years for the tree to develop the nuts.
Since it is found only in a small geographical area in Morocco, it is rare and very costly. There is an increasing number of hair products in this world which has no to little oil in them. They are also not natural and are adulterated. Hence they cheap and is used more than the other products. This will cause a major effect on your hair and will cause severe hair problems.
Argan Oil has a lot of nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E. It also has Omega-6 Fatty acids and various other antioxidants and acids which makes it suitable to tame this type of hair. It is a natural hair conditioner, and since it is available in nature there are no known side effects to using Argan oil, unlike other products.
Benefits of Using Argan Oil For African American Hair
People generally expect quick and a permanent solution for their hair problems, and if a product is expensive then they expect even more. Argan oil is much better than most of the other products available in the market. A few of its benefits are listed below:
- Since African American hair type is extremely dry and frizzy, the hair generally looks very unappealing and unhealthy. Argan Oil easily slips into the follicles of the hair and into the roots of the hair which hydrates the hair
- When you apply the oil from head to tip, it increases the flexibility of each strand of the hair, thus making it look less dry and shabby. It changes the appearance of the hair.
- Most African American women try new products to hold and control their unmanageable hair. And on using this oil for more than half a month regularly, it will help in keeping their hair composed.
- The oil gives a unique sparkle to all types of hair. Wavy hair which generally looks dull and frizzy and dry, applying a bit of argan oil regularly makes it manageable and gives a very sleek and stylish look.
- Since Argan oil has various nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and various other antioxidants, there are a lot of benefits to it on harmed hair type.
- It also reduces split ends which are a major cause of their hair to look shabby. But by using argan oil, there won’t be an extra formation of split ends making it look neat.